I'm a family and tech support guy by nature, in my 40s, originally from Israel, currently living and working in NC, USA 'Triangle area'.
I've been around the industry for the past 20 odd years, currently working as a Technical Engineering Manager (think Tech Support for techies), and loving every minute of it.
My pleasure comes from tinkering with software technology, usually loosing too much sleep because of that. Specifically:
- Scripting and coding in general both on Windows (mostly PowerShell and C#) and on Linux (zsh and PowerShell).
- Running home systems with docker/docker-compose over Ubuntu and Arch Linux (really love ZFS on Linux).
- Home-Assistant enthusiast.
- A budding data-hoarder with a 25TB of storage spanning on 5 drives, with a 2 drive redundancy, hosting my own services (except email) for myself and family.
- Technical Goal for 2021:
- Self host my family's email (this is not as easy as it sounds).
- Solve home-automation presence detection without burdening family members with additional gadgets.
- Using PowerShell as my default Linux shell (and blog about it).
Top network posts
- 32 yield returns within lock statement
- 28 Double question marks ('??') vs if when assigning same var
- 13 Query to count interactions between users
- 12 LINQPad: Anyway to make the Dump() results be initially collapsed?
- 12 String representation of an Enum
- 11 Summing up spreadsheet data when a column contains “#N/A”
- 7 Powershell script to change service account
- View more network posts →