Working on a project called OpenSTV in my spare time that implements different voting systems, such as the single transferable vote, instant runoff voting, Condorcet, and many others. I recently started a web service for ranked-choice voting called Opal that uses Google App Engine.
I am also an attorney, who specializes in intellectual property law. Note that I am NOT your attorney, and my answers and comments on any StackExchange site do not create an attorney-client relationship between us. I do my best to provide informative answers about the law, but I do not spend a lot of time on them, and therefore you should not rely on them for anything important, and instead you should consult your own attorney for legal advice.
Member for 9 years, 8 months
3 profile views
Last seen May 26 '11 at 8:28
- Stack Overflow 13.8k 13.8k 1515 gold badges4949 silver badges9696 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 5.3k 5.3k 33 gold badges1313 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Ask Different 525 525 22 gold badges55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 345 345 11 gold badge55 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Web Applications 239 239 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 164 Create list of single item repeated N times
- 151 For very high-net worth individuals, does it make sense to not have insurance?
- 112 python assert with and without parenthesis
- 102 Using python "with" statement with try-except block
- 95 PYTHONPATH vs. sys.path
- 55 Using a class as a data container
- 47 How should I handle money returned for a product that I did not return?
- View more network posts →