Hey, there! I am Eric, an Information Technology undergraduate from the United States of Amurrka, with aspirations to go into Library Science post-grad. I have a strange obsession with making databases, spreadsheets, and lists of dubiously-useful and/or obscure information.
I am a huge fan of Google, as well as the open-source model. About two-thirds of the software (excluding games) on my primary computer is open-source. I really like how, in addition to being free of charge, open-source encourages collaboration among users in addition to developers; this allows for more innovation by drawing from the minds of (potentially) billions of people rather than limiting it to the minds of the mere dozens or hundreds of in-house developers. It also offers additional platforms with which novice/intermediate programmers like myself can sharpen our skills and broaden our knowledge!
While I have no plans to develop them---the very thought overwhelms me!---I do play video games, particularly Nintendo (but I recently expanded my gaming horizons tenfold). As a hobbyist voice actor and infrequent podcaster, I am also fairly skilled at handling (recording and editing) audio; Audacity is, of course, my application of choice. I also write short stories of a relatively wide range of genres, though sci-fi and fantasy do pop up most often. I also enjoy blogging (not microblogging), watching Doctor Who and anime, and singing. I am an administrator on Zelda Wiki.
I am (too) fluent in English, semi-fluent in Español (Spanish), marginally fluent in Deutsch (German), and new to 日本語 (Japanese). And please, never speak Pig Latin to me, or I will peench you. (I peench!)
Kittehz rool. Apple droolz.
-denotes beginner (not currently studying)
*Windows (95 through 10)
*Google Docs editors (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
*Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, OneNote (2003, 2007, 2013, 2016)
^Google Apps Script
^Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio (2007, 2013, 2016)
^Command Line (DOS)
Member for 4 years, 1 month
1 profile view
Last seen Jun 1 '17 at 14:11
Top network posts
- 13 How can I list all templates available on a MediaWiki Wiki?
- 12 Conditional formatting with multiple criteria for a range of cells
- 12 Apply conditional formatting if other cell is not empty
- 6 Using Filter formula to display cells starting with a specific number
- 5 Is it possible to set Google Drive to open Google Docs above a certain age in Viewing Mode automatically?
- 5 How can I transfer music from Amazon Prime Music to Google Play Music without downloading and re-uploading?
- 5 Is there a way to download all the Revision History of a Google Doc?
- View more network posts →