This question is very, very similar to Clarify "Ask Question" placeholder text but
- that question doesn't have an answer yet and it's one year old
- that question is about the question title placeholder
- this Q is about the Ask Question side guidelines:
- there is a poll about site themes on Meta SE, maybe very soon could be a SE developer having time to implement these proposals.
On the Ask Question page, the current guideline says
Is your question about web applications?
Please change it to (emphasis just to show the change)
Is your question about using web applications?
We already discussed different proposals to prevent off-topic questions like those about
- Developing web applications
- Web application recommendations
- Web applications client support enquiries
Adding using could help to make it clear the kind of questions that are on-topic of this site.