I draw your attention to the tag office-365.
There seems to be a bit of confusion on what this tag is for. Granted, the description isn't great, but that's fairly easily remedied.
A goodly number of the questions are actually about Office Online (Wikipedia), previously known as Office Web Apps. It offers web-based versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote, as well as Outlook.com and its related People and Calendar, in addition to OneDrive. All of these, being web apps, are within this site's bailiwick. (There is a private server version of these, and the configuration of that would be off-topic here, but the use of the apps would be fine.)
Office 365 (Wikipedia), however, is a subscription suite for Microsoft Office products that allows for those software packages to save and work with information "in the cloud" (whether hosted by Microsoft or privately). Where Microsoft Word saves its data, whether locally, on a network, or in the cloud, doesn't make much difference; it's off-topic here and should to go Super User. To confuse matters, Office 365 also offers access to Office Online and Outlook on the Web, which would be on topic here.
So, this is what I'm proposing:
- creation of office-online; make office-web-apps a synonym; update the tag wiki. Done.
- creation of word-online, excel-online, and outlook-on-the-web (with good tag wikis). Done (Good tag wikis?)
- re-tagging questions tagged office-365 to word-online, excel-online, and/or outlook-on-the-web depending on what topic they're covering
- re-tag any questions that are about the suite itself to office-online
- by this time, most office-365 questions should be gone; if there are any that are about Office 365 and are still on-topic, fine, otherwise re-tag as appropriate
- check that existing questions tagged microsoft-word, microsoft-excel, and outlook-web-access shouldn't instead be tagged word-online, excel-online, and outlook-on-the-web respectively
clean up the office, which has no guidance and is too generic to be a tag. Perhaps make it a synonym of office-online
We already have tags for onedrive, onenote, sharepoint, and outlook.com, although their wikis could probably use some polish. When making/updating these tag wikis, be sure to cross-reference other, related tags. It would also be good to point people toward Super User for their normal Office software related questions.